Power of Attorney (PoA) (Click HERE for Nepali)
Before submitting your application in-person, you must first submit your details HERE and continue below for the application. We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
- A joint application from both parties in Nepali Paper (drafted by a certified lawyer).
- Two copies of Power of Attorney prepared in the format as prescribed by law in Nepali Paper, mentioning the name and license number of the lawyer who prepared the document and accompanied by the name, details and signatures of two witnesses.
- Notorized copies of Nepali Citizenship Certificates of both the parties.
- If the applicant holds U.S. Citizenship, he/she must first apply for Non-Resident Nepali (NRN) Identity Card.
- Identity card mentioning the visa status of the applicant.
- Other relevant attested documents (Property ownership certificate, marriage certificate etc.).
- Two 2 X 2 Photographs of both PoA applicant and receiver.
- Fees: US Dollars 25/- Money order.
Note: Cash, personal cheque and credit card are not acceptable.
The Embassy certifies Power of Attorney of Nepali nationals. The concerned applicant must present in person to the Embassy after seeking an appointment for the same purpose.
Make an appoint after preparing all above documents to +1 202 667 4550
Monday – Friday
Application submission / drop off:
09:30 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (Except public holidays, Click Public Holidays)
2131 Leroy Place, NW, Washington, DC 20008
Telephone: +1 (202) 667 4550
Fax: +1 (202) 667 5534