Before submitting your application through mail or drop off, you must first submit your details HERE and continue below for the application process. We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
Please click below links for:
Documents Required For Permit to Re- Enter Travel Document Holder (Visa will not be issued to Nepal and India Nationality).
Documents Required For Refugee Travel Document Holder (Visa will not be issued to Nepal and India Nationality).
Points to be remember while applying for Tourist Visa:
- Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn and visa fee cannot be refunded. It must be used within 6 months from the date of issue.
- Tourist carrying more than 5000.00 US Dollars or equivalent foreign currency is requested to declare in the Custom Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Those returning from Nepal with undeclared money exceeding US Dollars 5000.00 or equivalent currency may be interrogated for further legal actions in accordance with Foreign Exchange Regulations Act of Nepal.
- Tourist traveling by car should possess a valid Passage de Carnet.
- Tourist Visa may also be obtained at any of the following entry points:
- Tribhuvan International Airprot, Kathmandu.
- Immigration Offices along Nepal-India border ( Birgunj, Parsa, Balahia, Bhairahawa, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj, Mohana, Dhangadi, Gaddachaudki, Mahendranagar and Kakarbhitta, Jhapa ).
- Immigration Office along Nepal-China border (Kodari, Sindhupalchok).
- Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
- Tourist visa for Nepal can also be obtained from the Consulate General of Nepal in New York and the Honorary Nepali Consulate General in Chicago.
- Consulate General of Nepal in New York:
216 E 49th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY-10017
Fax: 917 675 6779
Phone: 917 675 6783
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Consular Service: 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Honorary Nepali Consulate General in Chicago
10 N Dearborn Street, Seventh Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Phone: 312 236 1250
Fax: 312 263 3480
For further information on visa matters, please visit the web site: www.nepalimmigration.gov.np