(First Published on April 20, 2021)
The Embassy of Nepal is seeking applications for the position of Social Secretary on contract basis (extendable). All interested individuals are requested to send the required documents at firstname.lastname@example.org within May 30, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and schedule appointment for Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM).
- Provide proactive, cordial, and gracious responses to telephone or written inquiries and requests destined to the Ambassador’s official telephone and official email address.
- Collate information and prepare preliminary report/briefs on major political and socio-economic developments in the US and around the world.
- Provide advice and services on matters of U.S. protocol.
- Accord necessary support and assistance to the Ambassador, DCM and other Diplomatic Staff of the Mission in planning, managing and executing events approved by the Mission.
- Assist diplomatic staff, as per their instruction, in discharging their respective duties, as and when necessary.
- Plan and execute all social events at the Ambassador’s Residence
- Welcome guests at high-level events at the Ambassador’s residence
- All other secretarial tasks as per the rules and regulations of the Embassy
Skills and Qualification:
- Age between 21 to 35 years old
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in International Relations)
- Preferably two years of Experience
- Have good public relations skills
- Fluent in English language (both written and spoken)
- Good in writing reports
- Good at event management
- Good knowledge of Computer (software, hardware, internet, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interest and willingness to share knowledge with- and learn from- colleagues
- A letter of application
- Current resume
- Identity document such as passport & Citizenship Certificate
- Two photographs
- As per the rule of the Embassy
Embassy of Nepal,
May 11, 2021