In case of death of Nepali national, the Embassy issues a “No Objection Letter” to facilitate the repatriation of dead body or any other human remains to Nepal. To obtain such a letter, the Embassy could be approached with following documents and their copies through licensed/registered funeral shipping companies:
- Passport of the deceased (for cancellation);
- Death certificate of the deceased;
- Copy of detailed police report in case of unnatural and accidental death;
- Burial Transit Permit;
- A certificate from the local health authority stating that the deceased did not die of a quarantinable disease;
- Online application from next of kin of the deceased through Department of Consular Services of Nepal. Apply here (https://nepalconsular.gov.np/legal/public/login). Or, authorization letter from the next of kin of the deceased through the local governments.
Free of Cost
Applicant should submit the request to the Embassy by post mail.
Application Processing Time:
3/4 Business days.