Requirements for obtaining new MRP in place of damaged/tempered passport (Click Here for Nepali)
The Government of Nepal started issuing Machine Readable Passport since 26 December 2010. As per the provision of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), all handwritten passports must be replaced with Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) by 24 November 2015. Individuals holding hand-written passports are not able to travel abroad effective from 24 November 2015 irrespective of the date of expiry mentioned in the handwritten passport.
Before submitting your application through mail or drop off, you must first submit your details Here and continue below process for the application.
Note: Please write and sign on each copy of original document ‘I certify that this is a true copy of the originaldocument’
- An application form
- Two copies of duly filled MRP application form
- Original Citizenship Certificate and its copy
- Copy of old passport
- Police report regarding lost passport from local police office
- Prescribed passport size photos-3
- Revenue Fees of US $ 300 (Money order)
- Self-addressed prepaid return envelope with tracking number