Before submitting or mailing your complete application, you must first submit your details HERE and continue below for the application. We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
The Embassy may issue a one way travel document to the Nepali nationals who are not in possession of a passport currently and who need to travel to Nepal immediately. The Embassy will issue such travel document only after verifying, with due process, the authenticity of the national identity documents of the applicant such as citizenship certificate.
- An application for a Travel Document. (Download Form HERE)
- One duly filled in Travel Document Application Form (Passport Application Form). Complete and Print T.D. Application Form HERE
- Original citizenship certificate and its copy.
- Nepali passport and its copy.
- A police report from the relevant police office in the current country of residence mentioning clearly the name of the bearer and the number of the lost passport. (in case of lost passport)
- Three copies of passport size photographs.
- Revenue fees of US Dollars 50 Money order. (Please write “Embassy of Nepal, Washington, D.C.” on your money order or cashier’s check, otherwise your application will not be processed). (Effective from November 17, 2021) SAMPLE.
- Self-addressed prepaid return envelope with tracking number. (Not Required for Self Pickup)
Note: Cash, personal cheque and credit card are not acceptable.
Applicant must mail completed Travel Document application and required documents to the Embassy’s following address. Applicant will be notified by email and text whenever there’s an update on the application status.
2730 34th Place, NW, Washington, DC 20007
Telephone: +1 (202) 667 4550
Fax: +1 (202) 667 5534
Application Processing Time:
5 to 7 Business days.
Travel Document (Click HERE for Nepali)
Note: Submitted application will be returned back immediately, if we do not receive a complete documents mentioned above.