Travel Document (Click HERE for Nepali)
Before submitting your application through mail or drop off, you must first submit your details HERE and continue below for the application. We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
The Embassy may issue a one way travel document to the Nepali nationals who are not in possession of a passport currently and who need to travel to Nepal immediately. The Embassy will issue such travel document only after verifying, with due process, the authenticity of the national identity documents of the applicant such as citizenship certificate.
An applicant must present in person to the Embassy to apply for a one way travel document.
- An application for a Travel Document (Download Form HERE)
- One duly filled in Travel Document Application Form (Passport Application Form). Complete and Print T.D. Application Form HERE.
- Original citizenship certificate and its copy
- Nepali passport and its copy
- A police report from the relevant police office in the current country of residence mentioning clearly the name of the bearer and the number of the lost passport. (in case of lost passport)
- Three copies of passport size photographs
- Revenue fees of US Dollars 40 Money order
- Self-addressed prepaid return envelope with tracking number
Note: Cash, personal cheque and credit card are not acceptable.
Applicant can submit or mail documents for Travel Document Application to the Embassy. You will be notified by email and text whenever there’s an update for your application.
Processing Time: Four business days.
Note: Submitted application will be returned back immediately, if we do not receive a complete documents mentioned above.
Monday – Friday
Application submission / drop off:
09:30 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (Except public holidays, Click HERE for Public Holidays)
2730 34th Place, NW, Washington, DC 20007
Telephone: +1 (202) 667 4550
Fax: +1 (202) 667 5534