MRP for Minor 10-16 years of age (Click Here for Nepali)
The Government of Nepal started issuing Machine Readable Passport since 26 December 2010. As per the provision of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), all handwritten passports must be replaced with Machine Readable Passports (MRPs) by 24 November 2015. Individuals holding hand-written passports are not able to travel abroad effective from 24 November 2015 irrespective of the date of expiry mentioned in the handwritten passport.
Before submitting your application through mail or drop off, you must first submit your details Here and continue below for the application process. We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
Note: Please write and sign on each copy of original document ‘I certify that this is a true copy of the originaldocument’
Requirements for obtaining new MRP for minor (10-16 years of age):
- An application form
- Two copies of duly filled MRP application form
- Original Citizenship Certificate of his parents and their copies
- Marriage certificate of his parents and its copy
- Original Nabalak Parichayapatra/Birth Certificate of the applicant and its copy
- Old passport and its copy (For renewal)
- Prescribed passport size photos-3
- Revenue Fees of US $ 150 (Money order)
- Self-addressed prepaid return envelope with tracking number
Procedure for obtaining Machine Readable Passport: