Notice: Due to the pandemic of COVID-19, Embassy is accepting visa application by mail only
Before mailing your complete Application, you must first register your application by submitting your application details HERE and continue below for the application process. (You will not be able to track your documents if you do not submit your details as mentioned)
Complete online visa application HERE .
A. Documents to be submitted for Tourist Visa
- Hard Copy of Online Visa Application confirmation page Sample.
- Actual Passport with at least 6 months of validity and containing at least 2 blank visa pages.
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check valid for a year in the name of ” The Embassy of Nepal, Washington, D.C.”.
- Pre-paid return Envelope with tracking number. (Not Required for Self Pickup)
Additional Documents Required For Refugee Travel Document Holder
- Sponsorship Letter from Nepali Citizen. (Download the format of Sponsorship letter HERE)
- A copy of the citizenship certificate of the sponsor.
B. Visa Fee
15 days Multiple Entry Visa $ 30/-
30 days Multiple Entry Visa $ 50/-
90 days Multiple Entry Visa $ 125/-
- Visa Fees must be in the form of Money Order or Cashier’s Check Only (Sample) with at least one year’s validity period payable to the “Embassy of Nepal, Washington, D.C.” with the full name and address of the applicant written on it. (Please write “Embassy of Nepal, Washington, D.C.” on your money order or cashier’s check, otherwise your application will not be processed)
- Children below 10 years do not required Visa Fee (This does not apply for U.S. Passport holder).
- Cash, Personal Check, Credit / Debit Card or online bank transfer are NOT acceptable.
C. Application Processing Time:
Normally 4-5 business days
(However, due to COVID-19 situation it may take more days to process applications. Sometimes, visa couldn’t be issued due to incomplete application or other reasons. So you are strongly advised to book your flight only after the visa is issued.)
- Application will be returned if the required documents are not complete.
- The Embassy will not be responsible for the loss and damage of any documents while Toing and Froing, any undelivered passports because of insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load and other incidents occurred during handling of the documents by postal office/courier.
- Owing to the limited number of staffs, the Embassy strongly encourages the applicants to contact the Embassy for their inquiries, grievances/concerns by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any consular related emails directed to the other email addresses of the Embassy may not be responded.
If you are living in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Maine, please apply to:
Consulate General of Nepal in New York
216 E 49th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY-10017
Fax: 917 675 6779
Phone: 917 675 6783
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Consular Service: 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM